What Have You Done For Yourself Today?
Packed work days, demanding pace, time pressures, and emotional intensity – life in the caretaking environment takes its toll. The California Chapter ACC cares. We are sharing tips to calibrate your life in the form of monthly emails. To receive this email and share feedback, contact your chapter at Here4U@caacc.org
Once Each Year, Review Your Road Map
- LIFESTYLE PLANNING Revisit your goals for your housing, activities, family, and business including succession planning and multi-generational planning. As your life and practice evolve, you will need to refocus.
- INVESTMENT PLANNING Make sure your asset allocation is still appropriate given your risk tolerance and goals and rebalance or change your portfolio if necessary.
- RETIREMENT PLANNING The retirement landscape is changing. Americans are living longer, which means they will require a larger pool of assets to support themselves during the 20 or 30 years of retirement. Use a retirement planning tool or meet with your advisor to be sure you are on track.
- INSURANCE PLANNING Review existing coverage’s and identify any uncovered risks, including health, disability, life, personal liability, business insurance, and long term care insurance.
- ESTATE PLANNING It is critical to have a plan in place so that you have control over how your assets are distributed at your death and who is given authority to make medical and financial decisions on your behalf in the event of your incapacity.
- BY PLANNING AHEAD You can also reduce taxes on what you leave behind and minimize the chances of unpleasant and costly family legal battles. Once your plan is developed, it is important to regularly review beneficiaries, trustees, health care representatives, and guardians.
- TAX PLANNING It is important to ensure your tax plan is coordinated with your investment and estate plans.
“When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless, and intelligence cannot be applied.”